Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweet Boy

I call him my 2 year old even though he's almost 3 because on April 8th I REALLY won't be able to anymore.. ever again.. :(  I am so proud of who he is becoming.  He is kind with such a big heart.  He has empathy for others.  If anyone is sad or crying even a stranger Cale will go up to them, give them a hug, and look at them with his sideways "Are you okay?" look while patting their back.  He says "It will be okay."  He likes to give hugs hello as well as hugs goodbye.  He prays for his friends at night and their mommy's.  Last night he prayed "Bless mommy and mommy's friends and daddy and daddy's friends and my friends."  He's so smart and polite, and his vocabulary expands so rapidly.  The other day I asked him if he'd like more to eat.  His reply was "No thank you I have plenty."  Plenty..have I taught him that?  I showed him a map of the United States and talked about it very briefly.  When Chad came home that night Cale told him what state we lived in and pointed it out to him on the map.  That was easy!  He is such a sponge for information.  A few days ago, he was drawing, and I was not helping him or giving him ideas on what to draw.  He suddenly said "Look mommy I drew an O and L."  He's been learning to recognize all the letters of the alphabet, but I had never worked with him on actually writing them before.  I didn't know if he was even old enough for that.  He must be though because he was right, he drew an O and an L very well!  He also drew an F and an X after I encouraged him.  Now that I think of it, I noticed a while ago that he's able to trace very well.  I'll have to buy some of those trace on the dotted line alphabet books for him.  He speaks very clearly and his manners are coming along well.  Please, thank you, no thank you, yes please, may I please, will you please.. these are all things he's been using regularly.  I am so proud of him!

Raising my son is the most important job in the world to me.  It's more than my full time job, it's a 24 hour rewarding responsibility to bring up a good God loving person.  For a stay-at-home mom, the pay isn't great, but the benefits are beyond belief.  I am so honored that God chose me to be Cale's mother.  I work hard to instill positive qualities, and I enjoy it so much because I'm working hard at the most important job there is to me.


Here are some recent photos from a visit to Alisha's house.

He asked if he could hold her.
He's so gentle with her.
In awe
I peeked in on him and Alisha and saw that he had pulled this chair right in front of her then headed off to get something...
A book!  He wanted to read to her. :)
He likes to rock her too.
He loves to kiss her on her head.
He touches her and says "I'm loving her."
So incredibly proud of my sweet little man

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails