Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts For The Day

I apologize in advance for my random collaberation of thoughts.  This must be what happens when I don't blog for a while.


We attended Chad's work Christmas party last night.  We had a good time!  Thanks to Grandma Chris for watching Cale.  I was excited on the way home to see him then realized that it was 10 pm and he was probably already sleeping.  I secretly hoped he woke up in the middle of the night wanting rocked, so I could snuggle him.  He slept all night though, which IS a good thing!  Just meant extra cuddles this morning!


Hanes Toddler Boys Non-Skid Ankle Socks P6

Grandma Chris got Cale some socks for Christmas with little rubber grippers on the bottom for her slick floor that say 4T-5T.. and they fit him!  I was in denial for a few days until Chad put them on him.  I'm always a little sad when it's time to replace his clothes with bigger ones.

Eric Carle ABC GameGARANIMALS FUN at the ZOO GAME

Cale also got two board games for Christmas for ages 3 and up that he loves! One is all about colors and the other the alphabet. How neat is that? I didn't even know they had board games for his age!


Cale is 95% potty trained!  I'm uber excited because I've heard that the average age for boys to even start potty training is 3 years.  Although..



He's been wanting privacy when he uses the potty lately.  As in "Be right back mommy" as he pushes me out and shuts the door.  I hear him go and flush all by himself.  One step closer to us going into seperate restrooms in public.  All the time I've spent with him on it, and now he doesn't need me?  (Imagine my quivering voice)  Doesn't he know he's suppose to be my baby still instead of turning into this little boy so soon?

Our local library now has story time on Saturdays as well which is really exciting for us because daddy can come too!  We attended Saturday morning, and Cale really enjoyed having both of us with him!  I'm just excited that Chad WANTS to do things like that with us!

Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope Series, Book 2)

I've been wanting to start reading novels again because I used to really enjoy it.  I've been putting it off because I don't want to feel guilty reading some fictional story versus the Bible, but after story time on Saturday, I was drawn to a cute pink novel and began reading it's description, and as soon as I saw that it was Christian based, I decided to check it out along with Cale's books.  A fictional Christian book..that's a nice compromise right?  I figured I would read a little each night before falling asleep.  Well I finished the book that night..all 406 pages of it.  So much for little by little!  Didn't realize how much I missed it!  I read while Chad and Cale took down the outside Christmas decorations, I read while cooking dinner, I read while Chad watched a movie, and I read in bed before falling asleep with Chad snoozing beside me until I finished it.  I'm kind of afraid to check out another one.  Is there a Novel Readers Anonymous?

Bath & Body Works White Citrus Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Gel PocketBac 1 oz (29 ml)

All men just skip this one ................ I use to be envied by my mom and sister because "that time of the month" was a breeze for me.  As in lasting 3 days max, no PMS, no bloating, no headaches, no cravings, very light, no cramps, no biggie.  Well since having Cale allll that has changed.  It's now opposite of everything I just listed.  And oh the moodiness!  Last month the last straw that about made me burst into tears was when I couldn't find my hand sanitizer in my purse after leaving the library for Cale and I.  Seriously!  Hand sanitizer could bring me to tears?  Sheesh.

Starbucks 16 Ounce Clear Acrylic Insulated Tumbler (Grande To-Go Cup)
 
A while back I saw this at the Starbucks inside the grocery store and really liked it, but didn't like it enough to spend 15+ bucks on one.  Then last saturday at the same grocery store, I saw an even cuter one.  Imagine black with pink and green polka dots and my initial!  I love love loved it, but expected a crazy price tag.  Luckily it was a fraction of the price of the Starbucks one.  (I don't even go to Starbucks!)  So much of my Saturday as I previously described consisted of my cute new double walled tumbler (which keeps your drink cold for a long time by the way) and my pink library book which was called "Who do I Talk To?"  A yada yada House of Hope Novel by Neta Jackson.  It's actually the second one in the series.  I realized that after I read it.  Now I'm on a search for the first one in the series.  If I dare.  I may have to set a timer for myself!


I now have laundry and a bird cage in need of cleaning calling my name before Calers wakes up from his (rare) nap.  Glamorous I know. :)  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails