Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What If...

My mom stopped by the other day and brought a toy pull along train that used to be my brother's for Cale.  I've mentioned that Cale LOVES trains, so it was a welcome surprise for him!  He's played with it every day since.  She also brought some old school work and notebooks of mine which I was excited to go through.  My parent's basement flooded a couple years ago or so.  Many old writings of mine got ruined, so it was a welcome surprise for me when I saw that not everything was gone.  This poem was included.  It looks like I wrote it in 8th grade.  I've always enjoyed sharing neat quotes and poems when I come across ones I really like, so it's neat to find one I'd like to share and know that I'm the one that wrote it!

What If...
What if one day you couldn't see,
Where would you go,
What would you be,
What if one day you couldn't feel,
Emotions wouldn't exist,
It would be so unreal,
Or what if things never change and we stay as we are,
Taking things for granted,
Driving our cars,
What if you couldn't hear laughter,
A cat's meow,
A dog's bark,
What if your world was constantly dark,
How long would it take us to understand,
The value of things we can't hold in our hands.
Christy

I'm proud that I wrote a poem with such a great message in 8th grade

3 comments:

  1. Super sweet!! :)

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem and I LOVE your son's name!

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails